Saturday, July 3, 2010

Oh how time flies...

Picture Update!
Me and Hannah session 2 at Hospital Hoopla. LONG time ago!
So some of us coaches decided to dress up as the spice girls for Dancing Thru the Decades. I have a brown wig on FYI. I was Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham). Apparently she always had these little glasses on so I wore my friend Anna's glasses. I had about 6 different people tell me I looked good with brown hair. So if my hair ever gets darker I guess I don't have anything to worry about.
Our cabin week 2 on Dancing thru the Decades night. They were 4th and 5th graders.
When I saw myself in this wig with these glasses on, I immediately thought of this picture of mom. I pasted the two next to eachother to see if we looked alike.
Me and Hannah, love it!
Our cabin, week 3, at the Texas County Fair on Wednesday afternoons, my favorite theme night!
My Batter's Box week 3. (L to R) Elyse, Maddie H., Maddie Y., Pilar, and Dana
My friend, Kim, from volleyball. She got this dress at goodwill, love it!
Hannah and me with Callie. She was our all-star. All Stars are high schoolers who come in and work either 4 or 3 weeks as like the maintenance crew, kitchen staff, etc. They don't actually cook our food, they just serve it. We loved her and miss her greatly!
Me and Elyse! I was able to have her last year in the cabin, and again this year. I love this girl! She is SO precious, sweet, and loving.
Our cabin week 3 before Dancing Thru the Decades. I went for the '80s look again.
My small group girls in volleyball from week 3. (L to R) Audrey, Caroline, Sam, Maddie, and Mary Caroline. The thing about camp is that if there's a kid that's a turd, I probably won't ever name one of my children that name. These girls were all fabulous though! However, there are SO many girls named Madeline, Madison, etc. They all go by Maddie too!!! When in doubt, call the kid Maddie.
Me and my Batter's Box children week 4. I wish I had more pictures of this week. They were my babies, and they were AWESOME! I've never had babies (kids who just finished 1st grade or 2nd grade) so this was a treat! L to R: Maddie, Emma, Madison, Kate (my director's daughter!), Aubree, and Jessica. Love them!
Me, Hannah, Anna, and Kelly before County Fair on week 5. They were the coaches in Mustang Ridge which was right next to us. We shared a bathroom, and became great friends!
Our cabin week 5! They were all LOC's, which means they were the oldest kids at camp a.k.a. Leaders of Camp. They were so much fun, and so chill compared to our "babies" from week 4.
The girl in the middle is Hannah Gruss, she is from California. She wasn't able to come during training week so she came and "shadowed" us/was our 3rd coach week 5. I love her, and I'm SO glad we got to know her and that she's here coaching with us for 2nd half.
Hannah and I :( our last week together!
Hannah's Batter's Box. L to R: Meg, Claudia, Hannah, Jackie, and Megan
My Batter's Box week 5. L to R: Brooke, Emily, me, Sarah, and Sloane. They were fabulous!
For mission impossible on Thursday nights we do this big mission all over camp. You run around, the kids have to do missions, and you try to get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place based on points. The kids sometimes get this facepaint stuff. We used some, and it didn't ever really dry. It was more like lipstick. So after it was all said and done, we had smeared Barney-gone-wrong faces! Good times
Me, Kelly, and Anna being dorks and enjoying our last week together.
This is my covenant group from 1st half! We have different people here since it's 2nd half now. L to R: Me, Anna, Deborah, and Anna. Front Row L to R: Becca, Laura (my cov leader), and Courtney. Love them!!! I miss the 1st half people a lot
Hannah and I before Dancing thru the Decades. I decided to go '90s this week. I tried curling my bangs under with the curling iron, but they were too long. I decided to trim them because they needed trimming anyway. It sounded like a great idea at the time, but now my bangs are annoyingly short and hard to put up...but hey I looked good! Oh, the things I do for camp!
Me, Hannah, and Hannah. Studs
Our kids and us week 5 before Dancing thru the Decades. Please note my crayola crayon shirt, overalls, and tall socks. I also had my hair in a bun ponytail. Those were the good days!
Volleyball coaches from 1st half! I LOVED these guys, they definitely made my day a little brighter. L to R: Jessica, Jamie, Amanda, Kim, me and Annie. Jessica, Kim, me, and Annie all worked 1st half together last year. We were all rookies then, it was SO great to get to work with them again. They're so fun!
This is Courtney. Every week after girls coach bible study, we would get into small groups and talk about what we learned, what's going on in our lives, our struggles, our joys, etc. Courtney was my partner, it was SO good to have someone to listen and care about what I was going through, and pray for me. She was amazing!
Me, Hannah, and Anna on our last Closing Day together!
At least I still have Hannah here with me full summer! We may not be co's anymore, but I get to be with here in GCD. I miss living with her!

Sorry I haven't been too informative lately. I will be coming home this Saturday!!!!! I get a week off. More info to come!!!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why I am just now seeing this. I could have sworn I have checked since July 3, but I LOVE the 90s bang picture. that is awesome! See you this weekend! -Christen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had started this a while ago, but I didn't finish it. I saved it as a draft so maybe July 3rd was the original date. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

    ReplyDelete