Saturday, June 12, 2010

Camp Keepers

At camp, we do these things called Camp Keepers. It's when a kid says something either funny, meaningful, outrageous. Basically, they're moments of camp we'd like to keep...hence the name.

Camp Keeper from Week 2:
During the gospel presentation this week, we were talking about Jesus' crucifixion and all that took place. One of my fourth graders said, "Yea and they like hammered nails into his head and stuff too." I think she was confusing the nails in his hands with the crown of thorns on his head. Kids say the darndest things!!!

Another thing from this week that I found amusing:
On Tuesday, I had my FOB (means "feet on bunk", it's basically naptime for the campers) off. When you have FOB off you can go out front, use your phone, get on the computer, etc. I was blogging for a bit, and one of my fellow girl coaches who I don't extremely well asked about my blog and what the web address was. I told her, she then got on it and was looking it over. When she saw the big, main picture of me and Mick she asked, "Oh is that you and your brother?" I laughed, told her it was my boyfriend, and then she felt bad/slightly embarrassed. I told her not to feel bad because we do look alike, and then we laughed about it. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment